Rajam, 05 Aug 2022:GMR Institute of Technology (GMRIT) in Rajam, Srikakulam District, Andhra Pradesh, recently organized its seventh Graduation Day ceremony at its campus. G20 Sherpa and Former CEO, NITI Aayog, Mr Amitabh Kant was the Chief Guest on the occasion.
Addressing the students, Mr Amitabh Kant praised the world-class infrastructure in airports, educational institutions, hospitals, and various social service activities initiated for the upliftment of the society by the GMR Group and inspired the students to take challenges in life. Some of the highlights from his keynote speech are:
- Every challenge is an opportunity and if one wants to emerge as a champion in his field, never let go of the opportunity. Present day youth are the future who will drive India’s growth story for the next three decades. Youth should have an entrepreneurial spirit to accelerate the pace of India’s growth
- In 2016, the Start-Up India movement was initiated in India. From 150 start-ups at the start, over the years the start-up eco system has grown to 71,636 across industries with 105 unicorns disrupting not only in India but globally. In the present world the start-ups are redefining India in many ways
- The services sector alone cannot contribute to the growth of the country. Growth happens with infrastructure and infra players like GMR Group with a diversified portfolio in airports, power, infrastructure help boost the growth trajectory
- India is a data-rich country, and the challenge remains to use data intelligence to our benefit. The power of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud and Block chain technologies must be harnessed to make India a technology driven economy
- Dr. G M Rao, is an inspiration to the students and has contributed in a large measure towards the upliftment of the society
- Students are fortunate to study at GMRIT. The institute offers a wide variety of courses, best teaching faculty, state-of-art infrastructure, and a lifetime memorable learning experience
A total of 745 students graduated in the academic year 2021-2022, out of which 342 students attended the Graduation Day and received their degrees. Seven Gold and seven Silver medals were awarded to the students for academic excellence.
The Graduation Day ceremony was inaugurated by Dr J. Girish, Chairperson, Governing Council-GMRIT and Dr CLVRSV Prasad, Principal-GMRIT, presented the Graduation Day report. Other dignitaries who attended the event are: Prof. Hemachandra Reddy, Chairman – Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE), GMR Group Business Chairman (Transport & Urban infrastructure) Mr B.V. Nageswara Rao, Mr Ashwani Lohani, CEO-GMRVF, Mr PKSV Sagar, CEO-GCMO, GMR Group, staff and students of the institute.
Later, Mr Amitabh Kant paid a visit to the Nagavali Institute of Rural Entrepreneurship Development (NIRED) at Rajam, run jointly by GMR Varalakshmi Foundation (GMRVF) and Union Bank of India. The Centre offers self-employment-oriented short-term training to unemployed youth and supports them in becoming entrepreneurs. Recording his comments in the Visitor Book, Mr Amitabh Kant said that he was delighted to visit NIRED and that it was an amazing experience to see the fascinating and unique work being done to impart training for skill development. He added that it was the best Skill Development Centre he had come across.
Mr Amitabh also visited the exhibition of CSR activities being organised by GMRVF as part of its Annual Summit and interacted with the team.
GMRIT brings world-class technical education to the doorsteps of the rural youth. Under the aegis of experienced and committed faculty, GMRIT provides various technical and non-technical training to its students from their third semester. It conducts various seminars, technical talks and debates by inviting professionals and experts from industries and research centres. International Collaborative programs of GMRIT make the graduates more industry-ready. GMRIT’s Training, Placement and Development Cell provides the students with domain specific training and plays a critical role in networking graduating students with the industry.
About GMR Varalakshmi Foundation-
GMR Varalakshmi Foundation (GMRVF) – the CSR arm of GMR Group, works with the communities surrounding the Group’s business operations to improve the quality of lives. Making a difference to the society has been inherently present in the way the Group functions. Starting from the vision, to every initiative that the Group takes up giving it back to the community has become part of the group’s way of doing business.
The foundation is happy to have created an impact on over 1 lakh lives and being supported by over a 1000 member team working across 24 locations across India.
GMR Group, through its Corporate Social Responsibility arm GMR Varalakshmi Foundation, carries out community based development initiatives at over 24 different locations across India.
For more details please visit: https://gmrvf.gmrgroup.in/
For further details, please contact:
Head – Corporate Communications (GHIAL) Email: Sangeetha.CR@gmrgroup.in Phone: 040 67395630
|Aditi Basak Lead – PR & Communications (GHIAL) Email: Aditi.Basak@gmrgroup.in M: 9830568840 Murari Ravi Krishna AM – Corporate Communications (GHIAL) Email: Murari.RaviKrishna@gmrgroup.in M: 9949400128