SATYAJIT RAY’S BIRTH CENTENARY (MAY 2, 1921 – APRIL 23, 1992) WILL BE CELEBRATED THROUGHOUT THE YEAR IN INDIA AND ABROAD
To celebrate the birth centenary of veteran filmmaker Satyajit Ray, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting will be organizing various events across the country and abroad throughout the year.
Apart from being a renowned filmmaker, Satyajit Ray was an accomplished writer , ingenious sketcher , creative graphic designer and expert musician. He began his career in advertising. While drawing Bibhutibhushan Bandopadhyay’s novel for children, he got the idea for his first film ‘ Pather Panchali ‘ . The film brought him international fame. Without looking back, Ray made more than one great film , Charulata , Agantuk and Nayak. The spy Feluda and scientist Professor Shonku, born of this creative writer, became famous in Bengali literature. The Government of India in 1992 in the ‘ Bharat Ratna ‘He was honored with this highest civilian honor.
To celebrate his birth centenary, the Media Department of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting – namely the Directorate of Film Festivals , Films Division , NFDC. , N.F.A.I. And Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute, Kolkata – all these departments are organizing various activities. Other Ministries / Departments including Ministry of External Affairs, Ministry of Culture are also actively participating. However , in the current Corona epidemic, all of these events will be celebrated throughout the year, combining digital and live events.
The ‘ Satyajit Ray Lifetime Achievement Award ‘ for the best contribution in the field of the film has been launched this year considering the deposit made by this artist. The award will be presented annually at the Iffi, the Indian International Film Festival. The award will be in the form of Rs 10 lakh in cash, certificate, shawl, silver peacock medal, and honorarium.
Events and Activities-:
- The Directorate of Film Festivals, Films Division, and the Ministry of External Affairs will jointly organize ‘ Satyajit Ray Film Festivals ‘ in various countries in India and through Indian Missions. It will feature films and documentaries made by Satyajit Ray. Satyajit Ray’s films will be screened and screened at the 74th Cannes Film Festival.
- The Directorate of Film Festivals will be hosting a special overview event at the 2021 Iffi. The event will be sent to major international and national film festivals.
- Films Division, Mumbai, India citrapatanvisayi the National Museum, is planning to set up a special department dedicated to Yana Ray. This section will be exhibited from various museums across the country throughout the year. It will showcase the best events and interviews of Satyajit Ray’s life as well as his films through live and digital media.
- N.F.A.I. The Indian National Film Museum, Ray’s is going digitization of all available literature and revival of popularity. The organization will also host a virtual exhibition of posters of his films.
- N.F.D.C. Will organize a film festival through its OTT platform. The festival, titled ‘ Cinemas of India ‘ , will screen five films by the veteran producer.
- Kolkata Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute, the premises will be unveiled Satyajit Ray’s Shilpa. A course based on the work of this filmmaker will be taught in this institute to understand the scope of his talent. Apart from this, curriculum for school children is also being developed. There will also be intercollegiate competitions based on the concepts in Ray’s films.
- The Ministry of Culture will organize various cultural programs, tyamarphata Ray’s personality is the art and will try to show various aspects of the literature reveals.
The Implementation Committee, chaired by the Secretary, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, will oversee all these programs. Senior filmmaker Dhritiman Chatterjee will be the nominated member. Apart from this, other senior officials of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Culture and External Affairs will also be involved.