The garbage dump at Sonsoddo was engulfed in flames once again after a fire broke out on Friday. The entire area was covered in a huge plume of smoke and local authorities acted immediately. Deputy Collector, Prasad Volvoiker who rushed to the site after being informed about the fire, said that since the quantum of fire was high, they sought additional help from Cuncolim and Curchorem fire brigades. A spark from a high tension cable that passes through the dump caused the fire. The dry grass and winds spread it further. Lydon Pereira, Margao Municipal Council, Chairperson informed that a resolution was passed four years ago by the previous council asking the electricity department to move the cables. But it still remains to be completed.